Hello friend! Happy New Year! Here we are, 6 days into the new year. For some, it’s just another day. For others, it’s an opportunity to start anew! Which is it for you? Some people cringe when they hear about resolutions and goals. Growing up, the idea of goals and resolutions was ingrained in me as part of the success of a person. You’ve heard many people bash resolutions for many reasons; most being that resolutions are not attainable. Many start off running in January and by March, they’ve lost steam.
By “reset”, I don’t necessarily mean start over in every area of your life, or maybe that’s exactly what I mean. STOP doing anything that is NOT getting you closer to your goals, who you want to be or what you want to achieve. If you’re current lifestyle is not making you happy, stop everything right now. No sense in moving forward if when you look back, you’ll just be disappointed. Let this year be different!
Here are some quick tips on what you can do to help get on track and stay on track without losing motivation. Read on!
- What do you envision for your life? What did you love about your life this year that you want to continue doing? What would you like to change? What failed miserably but you’re passionate enough to give it another shot?
- Look at the areas of your life where you’d like to see improvements.
- See yourself as a more successful version of you and think about what it takes to get there.
- List out the things that made you and others happier, how you blessed someone, what you achieved, what you learned that you are now smarter for and better off….whatever you’re thinking about. Then, plan on maintaining it or taking it to the next level.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with a huge to-do list. Make a list but tackle things one at a time. We fail at making change because we take on too much at once, and we fail to plan (anyone ever to try lose 20 lbs in a month?)
- Position yourself for success! If it’s a healthier lifestyle you want, for example, set yourself up for success:
- Get rid of junk food in your house
- Sign up with a gym
- Plan out your meals
- Get cute workout clothes 🙂
- Get up early to work out or set time after work
- READ!!!!!! It wouldn’t hurt you to read up on that which you’re trying to improve upon or change. The more prepared you are going in, the better your success rate.
- Get your tools – With all of the smart technology we have today, there should be no excuse as to why we aren’t achieving the things we set out to do. USE calendars, to-do lists, reminders, alarms, paper (i still use paper for the some things!) Whatever works for you to accomplish your goal, it is at your finger tips. You’ll just need to get off of social media for a hot second, but it’s there.
- Prioritize – if you’re a mom of small children like me, we would love to sit and watch our favorite TV shows in total silence, or surf Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram (need I continue??) But if going to bed early is one of your goals, you’ll need to eliminate the time-wasters that are robbing you of your goal.
- Don’t let months pass by before you look back on your progress. If you’re goals are important, take the time to see how far you’ve come.
- Course-correct. Ask yourself what isn’t working. If your ideas change while on the journey, take some time to adjust your next steps. You are calling the shots on your life. If something doesn’t feel right, you are the best person to ask how to proceed.
- If you need outside help, bring in a trusted friend or family member to bounce ideas off of. They may help guide your next course of action (or quite honestly, talk you out of nonsense you would’ve never seen yourself.)
- Celebrate accomplishments! You can do this however you see fit but celebrate the progress you’ve made. It’s the best way to stay motivated on keep you on your path.
- If your goals have milestones along the way, celebrate the milestones! Don’t wait until you’ve achieved your wildly, huge goal! That could take months. If you’ve set up milestones to track your progress, celebrate those milestones. Besides, you don’t really need a reason to treat yourself because you’re already fabulous!
Now that you’ve reset your life, you can go and run the world!
Don’t forget to tell me all about it! <3